Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Old_Gregg
New Contributor

300C Physical interface Issue

Hi All, 

I am working on a 300C unit. Pretty standard setup, It is my first time configuring the 300 model. I usually work with 90D and ASA's . I feel there is something basic I'm missing here.

Port10 is the WAN and is configured with a Point to Point. SSL VPN portal functioning.

Port1 has several Vlan interfaces, all working fine, net reachable, filters behaving etc. Worth mentioning Port1 belongs to it's own Zone. It's when I attempt to create a DMZ on another physical, say port 8 or 9 I get the issue. Some basic testing - even if I put say x.x.x.1 on the interface and connect my laptop direct with x.x.x.2 I get a ping Timeout which suggests my laptop can reach the x.x.x.1. I have read about the "set internal-switch-mode" command but the cli doesn't seem to recognize that syntax.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks.

B.

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think 300c's 10 ports are separate physical interfaces (you might call it in interface mode). They're not members of "Internal" interface unlike x0d series. I guess that's why it doesn't have "internal-switch-mode" in CLI.

Simple thing to check first is if ping is allowed on the interface, then if you have "trusthost" restrictions in admin config.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I think 300c's 10 ports are separate physical interfaces (you might call it in interface mode). They're not members of "Internal" interface unlike x0d series. I guess that's why it doesn't have "internal-switch-mode" in CLI.

Simple thing to check first is if ping is allowed on the interface, then if you have "trusthost" restrictions in admin config.

Old_Gregg

Hi Toshi,

I went and checked the "trusthost" setting in admin mode and found that I did have some restricted admin access in the admin config . As soon as I removed this portion of the config for testing I could ping the physical interface and any subsequent sub interfaces I added  . All functioning perfectly now......and something new learned.

Thank you for the help Toshi, much appreciated.

B. 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Glad I could help. Been there and done that ourselves.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors