Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damianhlozano
Contributor

2 questions about performance SLA

Hello team!!

I hope you are fine!

Have the following 2 questions about sd-wan performance SLA:

1) In many diferent Fortigates in Argentina we have the default performance SLAs which come in newer versions.  These performance SLAs are failing very often and we get a lot of unnecesary events.  Is there any servers recommended for performance SLA in Argentina/South America ?  It is better to set higher values in the threshold fields with the default servers?

2)  What is the event ID when a member route in a SD-WAN is removed or restored by performance SLAs?  I need to make an automation (I think based in event log) to get a notification when this happen, to know which inferface failed. 

"Network down" stitch did not work to me for IPsec VPNs on an SD-WAN

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Damián

Damián Lozano
Damián Lozano
2 REPLIES 2
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

For no 2, take a look at this , https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/new-features/811775/sd-wan-event-log-subtype

As for 1, you could do your own sla's based on something you know there is locally, like a dns server or ntp.

---------------------------
geek
---------------------------
---------------------------geek---------------------------
damianhlozano
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your response.

I still could not get the event ID when a route is down, I see a lot of events related to servers failing for a specific performance SLA, but this is useless to me for this.  I read the page in the link but I didnt find out this.

I know I can create my own performance SLA, but I think private IP addresses wont work for WAN checks, and I dont know any public IP to use as performance SLA.

Regards,

Damián

Damián Lozano
Damián Lozano
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors