This article describes how to install FortiClient on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Upon installation, it is not possible to open FortiClient GUI upon installation on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS but it may work fine through the CLI.
1) Ensure FortiClient is downloaded through the Fortinet Support Portal, support.fortinet.com.
Once logged into support.fortinet.com, navigate here:
At the top of the webpage, select Support -> Firmware Download -> Select Product: FortiClient -> Download.
- From here, it is possible to navigate to the desired FortiClient version by selecting the folders; for example FortiClient 7.0.6 for Ubuntu.
- Select the Windows folder -> v7.00 -> 7.0 -> 7.0.6. Image File Path should look like this: / FortiClient/ Linux/ v7.00/ 7.0/ 7.0.6/.
- Select the filename forticlient_7.0.6.0214_amd64.deb or forticlient_vpn_7.0.6.0214_amd64.deb and select HTTPS at the right-side to start the download.
- x86 for 32-bit OS and amd64 for 64-bit OS.
2) Download the latest version available on the Fortinet Support Portal.
At this time of writing, the latest version available is 7.0.4 and 7.0.6.
The latest version on the Fortinet products download page is only 7.0.0.
3) Download the file with the .deb extension.
4) Open the Ubuntu terminal and ensure that it is in the path where the file is downloaded.
5) If there are any existing installations of FortiClient, uninstall it.
It can be uninstalled using this command:
# sudo apt-get remove forticlient
6) To install the newly downloaded FortiClient version:
# sudo dpkg -i <forticlient file name.deb>
# sudo apt install -f
7) To launch the newly installed FortiClient GUI, type this in the terminal and hit Enter:
# forticlient gui