|Description||This article describes what will occur when a subscription license has expired.|
|Scope||All FortiNAC versions.|
Entitlements revert back to what's encoded in the appliance key (default is Base with concurrent count = 0 unless perpetual licenses were purchased).
If the customer is using the Base license, the following behaviors can be expected:
- Limited access to the Administration UI views due to lack of permissions. See article 201800.
- Only Base features will operate. A description of each license level (Base, Plus and Pro) is provided on pages 9 & 10 of the FortiNAC Data Sheet:
- Behavior when concurrent count has been exceeded (also described in the Administration Guide under Licenses):
- No new registrations are allowed.
- Attempts at new registrations are presented with the message Exceeded concurrent connection license limit.
- Rogues, at-risk, and disabled hosts continue to be placed in isolation as they normally would be.
- Existing registered hosts and devices continue to have network access.
- Network Access provisioning based on policy will not occur.