This article describes how to upgrade FortiAP firmware.
Updating FortiAP firmware from the FortiGate, Update the FortiAP firmware using either the web-based manager or the CLI.
Only the CLI method can update all FortiAPs at once.
To update FortiAP firmware - web-based manager:
1) Go to WiFi Controller -> Managed Access Points -> Managed FortiAP.
2) Select the FortiAP from the list and edit it.
3) In FortiAP OS Version, select 'Upgrade'.
4) Select Browse and locate the firmware upgrade file.
5) Select 'OK'.
6) When the upgrade process completes, select 'OK'.
The FortiAP restarts.
If the server is FTP, change tftp to ftp, and if necessary, add the user name and password at the end of the command.
2) Verify that the image is uploaded:
# execute wireless-controller list-wtp-image
3) Upgrade the FortiAPs:
# exec wireless-controller reset-wtp all
To upgrade only one FortiAP, enter its serial number instead of all.
Updating FortiAP firmware from the FortiAP.
The firmware can be loaded by using the FortiAP CLI command.
1)Place the FortiAP firmware image on a TFTP server.
2) Configure network configuration (IP address and default gateway if needed) of the FortiAP.
Ensure the connection with TFTP server.
3) Type the following command:
FortiOS # restore <filename> <TFTP server address>
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges.
Copyright 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.