This article describes how to request for FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance migration or re-deploy to a different region.
FortiManager Cloud/FortiAnalyzer Cloud.
1) During the initial FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer deployment, the user will have to select a region for the Cloud instance to be deployed in. Once a FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance has been deployed, it cannot be re-deployed in another region. As of now, below are the current available regions for FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance deployment.
- Asia Pacific (Tokyo).
- Canada (Vancouver).
- Germany (Frankfurt).
- United States (San Jose).
2) User will be able to determine the region in which the FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance is deployed in the FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud & Service Portal.
3) Should the user require the FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance to be changed or migrated, the user will be able to request a region migration by creating a TAC Support Ticket via the Fortinet Support Portal (support.fortinet.com) with the subject title 'FortiManager/FortiAnalyzerCloud instance region migration' as an example.
4) Take note that the migration here will simply destroy the currently running instances and let the user re-create or re-deploy with the new instances in a new preferred region. Migrate both FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer Cloud instances at the same time as both instances must always stay within the same region.
5) User will be contacted by the ticket engineer to confirm the FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance region migration details. Prior to the migration, the user will have the responsibility to perform a configuration backup of the FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance.
6) Once the old instances is destroyed, the user will be notified accordingly via the ticket. Subsequently, the user will have to log in to the support portal to re-deploy with a new FortiManager/FortiAnalyzer Cloud instance by selecting the new preferred region and then restoring the last backup configuration from Step (5).