Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

BICTNetw
New Contributor

Report Fortigate UTM definitions

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a report that shows all current UTM definitions of all our fortigate firewalls.

I have been looking on the net and trying to set this up with FortiManager or FortiAnalyzer but non can give me the report or overview I'm looking for.

My goal is to run this report every week so I can see if firewalls are having problems updating the IPS or AV definitions.

Anyone has any experience on such a report?

Kind regards,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2
DaviWang1
Staff
Staff

You may use a script to logon to your FGT via SSH and grab the output of "diag autoupdate versions", then use perl, python, etc to cut out the signature versions. You can use a cron job to run that periodically and send the report to you with emails.

DaviWang1

Perhaps FAZ or FortiManager have the reporting facilities. I am not familiar with these products.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.