Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

CharBank
New Contributor

WAN Optimization

I have two Fortigate 60D with a VPN established between two locations.  Recently I dove into trying to optimize my VPN performance which is less than satisfactory.  After going through several documets I still could not understand how to configure my units for WAN Optimization using my single hard drive.  Finally I reached out to tech support and after sevearl lenthy discussions I was told it is not recommend that I use my FLASH drive for this purpose.

1.  When I bought the 60Ds i was under the impression they came with a hard drive, not a flash drive drive.  

2.  How can using the drive in my unit cause excessive wear and tear to point that I should not use it?

3.  The documentation is not clear, despite 1 & 2, on how to configure the 60D to use the hard drive and support keeps telling me to read the documentation.

Has any one else accross this?  How can I optimize my WAN to increase performance of my VPN?

Thanks 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.