Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CoolKiwiBloke
New Contributor II

Forticlient VPN: A JavaScript Error Occurred in the Main Process

I have been successfully using the Forticlient VPN for some time now. Today I upgraded to the latest version and since then I have been receiving the following error. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, added the latest MS C++ redistributables and am still getting this error. Any suggestions?

Forticlient.PNG

24 REPLIES 24
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello CoolKiwiBloke,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I found this post where a user has the same issue and found the solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fortinet/comments/lpr8ux/anyone_having_javascript_error_on_main_process/

Please, tell me if it helped you.

Regards,

CoolKiwiBloke
New Contributor II

Thanks for looking into it @Anthony_E I have indeed tried the suggestions on that link and a couple of others I found. But in the end the only solution was to roll back to an older version, 7.0.2.0090.

Anthony_E

Hello CoolKiwiBloke,

No problem at all.

I am glad you could find a solution and feel free to contact us if you need anything.

Regards,

CoolKiwiBloke

Well - its more of a workaround than a solution. It does mean I am stuck on this version unable to upgrade which isn't ideal. So fingers crossed an actual solution is available at some point :)

VelirIT
New Contributor II

I have this same issue. It is not the issue that is fixed by installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (but I tried it anyway - no luck), the error messages are different. My error message matches this one exactly except for a few of the numbers which is probably caused by my using 7.0.6. 

I am in charge of our EMS and can roll back all the way to 7.0.1* which works but will not connect to our EMS because it won't support the certificate we have installed, so I am completely stuck with no answer here. 

So to summarize: This is a real issue. It's different than the one fixed with the MS C++ Redist. And in cases like mine it is a 100%, unresolved blocker.

*7.0.2 is not available for some reason in our EMS. It jumps straight from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3. Maybe it was pulled?

MohamedAbdulWahab

I have this same issue also. Version 7.0.2.0090 was installed on the workstation, then upgraded to 7.0.6.0290 and received the error. The solution was to downgrade to version 7.0.2.0090. But in the new workstation, the new version 7.0.6.0290 was installed successfully with no issue.

voiturefrancaise

Hi, we are on 7.0.6.0290 and we still have the issue which is quite frustrating. Using an older version is not an option for us actually. Is there really no other solution available?

btan

Hello,

Our internal Engineering team still investigating on this. 
As for my personal experience, I got the exact error and managed to fix it by below:

1. Uninstall current FCT

2. Install the latest C++ redistribute https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

3. Uninstall any old C++ redistribute found in Control Panel (eg: 2008, 2013)

4. Install your intended FCT version again

5. Error not appearing anymore

Hopefully this works for you as well.

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors