FortiSOAR Discussions
shashankkumar
New Contributor

Unable to enrich multiple IPs in VirusTotal.

Hello,

I am getting multiple destination IPs under Q-Radar event data payload and I have extracted all of them using regex and stored under key "DestIP" using set variable action.

Below is a sample of IPs output I am extracting and storing (have replaced original IPs with 0.0.0.0, here on community portal)

"
[
"0.0.0.0",
"0.0.0.0",
"0.0.0.0",
"0.0.0.0"
]
"

Now I want to pass all these IPs at once to virus total and get the reputation score as a result. How should I use the for each loop here and achive this requirement . 

Shashank. 

2 REPLIES 2
Stephen_G

Hi shashankkumar,

I have moved your thread to the FortiSOAR Community Group's Discussions board, as I think you'll have a better chance of getting an answer here. I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
rkhune
Staff
Staff

You can execute the connector step in a loop to get a reputation for multiple IP Addresses. Please check the attached playbook for guidance.

However, it is recommended to follow the standard flow for indicator enrichment.
  • When creating an alert in your use case, it's advised to include a comma-separated list of IPs in the "Destination IP" field or the list of IPs in the "IP Addresses" field of the alert.
  • This way, the OOB playbooks for indicator extraction and enrichment will automatically create and enrich the indicator records for these IPs and correlate them with the alert.