FortiGate Next Generation Firewall utilizes purpose-built security processors and threat intelligence security services from FortiGuard labs to deliver top-rated protection and high performance, including encrypted traffic.
Purpose Support the format UserPrincipalName - (UPN) - user@domain - and able to use the same userid but in different domains without problems
- The UPN is an Internet-style login name for the user based on the Internet standard RFC 822.
- The user logon name format is : user@domain
- The UPN must be unique among all security principal objects within the directory forest.
- The advantage of using an UPN is that it can be the same as the users email address so that the user need to remember only a single name.
- The userPrincipalName is unaffected by changes to other attributes of the user object, for example, if the user is renamed or moved, or changes to the domains in the tree, for example, if a parent domain was renamed or a domain was moved. Thus, a user can keep the same login name, although the directory may be radically restructured.
Expectations, Requirements LDAP server
FortiOS 5.0.X / FortiOS 5.2.X
config user ldap
set server "192.168.200.251"
set cnid "userPrincipalName"
set dn "dc= DomainName,dc=cl"
set type regular
set username "cn=Administrador,cn=Users,DC= DomainName,DC=cl"