FortiGate provides a holistic view of the overall topology via Security Fabric.
To access the Fabric and Fortiview an admin has to login to the firewall.
The login to the firewall introduces a few challenges:
1) Accidental configuration change.
2) Time out due to inactivity while monitoring.
Thus, to overcome this issue, the following workaround can be applied:
1) Create a new admin profile with all permissions set to read-only.
2) Enable ‘Never Timeout’ under the read-only profile.
3) Create a new administrator and select the read-only profile created as per step 2.
4) Logout and Login as the new admin.
5) The new admin will only have read access and can monitor the pre-configured dashboard.