This article describes how to use a custom event handler in FortiAnalyzer to raise alerts for incident response related to attacks that attempt to leverage the Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability. A report is also provided to gain historical visibility into your logs.
This article contains the files necessary to load an event handler and report into your FortiAnalyzer for either a Fabric ADOM or a FortiGate ADOM. The Fabric report and event handler leverage logs from other Fortinet products that can be used to detect the attack in addition to FortiGate logs.
For more information about this attack, see the following FortiGuard Outbreak Alert: https://www.fortiguard.com/outbreak-alert/oracle-weblogic-server-vulnerability
What is included in Fortinet_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability.zip?
1) Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_event-handler.json
This event handler helps identify Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability attacks detected by FortiGate and other Fortinet products.
2) Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_report.dat
This report displays the findings on Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability attacks from FortiGate and other Fortinet products.
3) fgt_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_event-handler.json
The event handler for FortiGate ADOMs is configured for FortiGate logs only.
4) fgt_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_report.dat
The report for FortiGate ADOMs includes FortiGate charts only.
1) Download the Fortinet_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability.zip file (contains 4 files).
2) Unzip Fortinet_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability.zip.
3) Import Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_event-handler.json or fgt_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_event-handler.json event handler:
- Choose an ADOM (if ADOMs are enabled). The ADOM may be of type Fabric or FortiGate:
- Choose the FortiSOC module.
- Select Event Handler List.
- Select the Import option under More.
- Select the appropriate event handler depending on the ADOM type.
The event handler is enabled and will be triggered if the appropriate logs are received following the import of the event handler.
Edit the event handler to customize the notification section.
4) Import Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_report.dat or fgt_Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_report.dat to Reports:
- Choose an ADOM (if ADOMs are enabled). ADOM may be of type Fabric or FortiGate.
- Select the appropriate file for the ADOM type to add the report to the ADOM.
Result:The Oracle WebLogic Server Vulnerability_report can be run anytime as determined by an admin user.