FortiADC
FortiADC enhances the scalability, performance, and security of your applications whether they are hosted on premises or in the cloud.
Khidzir_MN
Staff
Staff
Article Id 307580
Description This article describes how to get the DNSSEC Delegation Signer (DS) record information for a zone.
It may be necessary to preconfigure the FortiADC Global Load Balance and refer to the documentation at the end of this article for more information on configuring the Global Load Balance.
Scope FortiADC and FortiADC-VM.
Solution
From GUI:
1. Go to Global Load Balance -> Zone Tools -> Zone. Edit the respective zone. In this article, example.my is used as example.
2. Enable DNSSEC and Save.

enable_dnssec.png

3. Edit the same zone again and select the 'Backup DSSET Key' button to download the DNSSEC file. It will prompt to save the tar file.

backup.png

4. Extract the file and go to the DNSSEC folder. Open the file name and start with 'dsset'. The DS record will be available as below.

file_list_dsset.png

ds_info.png

From CLI:

1. Enable DNSSEC:

config global-dns-server zone
    edit "fqdn_generate_example.my."
        set type fqdn-generate
        set domain-name example.my.
        set dnssec-status enable
        set dnssec-algorithm RSASHA256
        set dnssec-keysize 2048
      end

2. Run the 'show' command for the 'global-dns-server zone' configuration. The DS record will be available as below:

show global-dns-server zone 
config global-dns-server zone
    edit "fqdn_generate_example.my."
    set dsset-info "example.my. IN DS 45572 8 2 5492B4A701FC9EDD77AC21B466BBEED0315701746440401E72A9CC6A B1FFF7B8"

Before FortiADC v7.4.0, the FortiADC DNSSEC option only supported Algorithm RSASHA1 (517 bit).
FortiADC v7.4.0 or later supports more Algorithm options as per the below documentation.

Refer to the below documentation for more information on the Global Load Balance:
Contributors