Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Briakoon
New Contributor

VPN broke after 5.4.3 update

We upgraded our firmware for our 60D to v5.4.3 build 1111.

Ever since, our IPsec VPN will no longer connect.

In the VPN events log we get 

Action negotiate
Status negotiate_error
Reason peer SA proposal not match local policy

We have matched the SA 100%.  We have destroyed and re-created the VPN from scratch.  This error still persists.

Is there a bug in the firmware?

3 REPLIES 3
EmilE1
New Contributor

Hi,

I can also confirm this. I see the problem is in split tunneling which is not working. Although I have defined a object I receive 0.0.0.0/0 through the ipsec tunnel interface and my connection breaks. Tested with 5.4.3 & 5.4.4

If anyone has opened a case with the support team it will be interesting to see how this is fixed..

TC1
New Contributor

Why IPSEC over SSL?  Did you try a test SSL connection?

EmilE1
New Contributor

SSL is working. I believe IPsec is more secure. Google search about SSL vulnerabilities confirms this in my opinion.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.