Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

cbraafhart
New Contributor

Remote access missing in Forticlient managed by EMS

Dear Forum,

I am currently managing all my Forticlient ZTNA editions through Forti EMS server. But there are few users that are experiencing that the Remote Access section, to connect to vpn services is just missing. if i recalled for all users this was configured properly and that the user has used the VPN functions in the past.

Is there a grace period or a threshold that the FortiClient will abide to before it starts loosing its functions?
When installed i had all functionalities, but after a few days i only have 3 of the complete list of options and remote access(most important one) is not one of them.
2 REPLIES 2
NunoLour
New Contributor II

Hi,

After installing, the client should connect to EMS to validate the license.
Also check your EMS settings for the license retention period in days (under Endpoints Settings) after which the features will become unavailable.

Best regards
cbraafhart

UploadedImages_eakNh3IGTd6tQiXNDr7F_Settings EMS-M.jpg
As you can see my license timeout is set for 30 days.
I don't understand that some users are getting that they are unlicensed in just a few days.
Or am i currently still looking in the wrong direction.
Currently using EMS Version 7.0.1 build 0103