Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

btp
Contributor

HA with crossconnects on FG60D

[First published on Fortinet Interest Group at LinkedIn]

Two FG60D (NAT/route-mode) in HA - connected as attached sketch. This works fine, except from the dashed lines. If I create one virtual switch for purple and one for green lines, I get an ethernet loop. So - I could enable stpforward on the interface. This does not make any difference. The doc states that I could enable spanning-tree on "low-end FortiGate units that are in "switch mode" - but this is not possible (http://bit.ly/2gyFYtt). (Is "switch mode" another word for transparent mode?) Then I could use redundant interfaces - but this is not available on models below FG100D.

So - does this mean that this setup is not possible to achieve? The doc is vague at best on this.

-- Bjørn Tore

-- Bjørn Tore
0 REPLIES 0