Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Nik
New Contributor II

FortiManager - Fortigate upgrade

Hi,

I have configured a Fortimanager and we have bought licenses for it (100UG) and then I have added just one fortigate to test it before I do it on a production environment. I get a message when I try to upgrade it which tells me that this: "Current device don't have firmware upgrade license.". Does this mean that every fortigate that will be upgraded via fortimanager has to have a license for Firmware Upgrade via forticloud in order to be upgraded via fortimanager and fortimanager just trigger the upgrade process which then fortigate does its own upgrade on its own?

BR Fisnik
1 REPLY 1
johnathan
Staff
Staff

Does your FortiManager have internet access? This error generally indicates your FMG cannot reach FortiGuard servers. Kindly post the output of 'diagnose fmupdate view-serverlist fds' here.