This workshop reviews FortiConverter release 5.0. We also review a few features planned for the next release, 5.1.0, which are available as a private build to customers with a valid license, for testing purposes.
This presentation looks at part 1 of the workshop agenda, below. I will update this thread with part 2.
- Describe the main functionality of FortiConverter
- Understand the different stages in the conversion tool by reviewing examples for Cisco ASA and Check Point
- Understand FortiConverter’s tuning capabilities, managing the conversion dataset, and editing polices in CSV format
- Understand how to successfully import the conversion output into FortiGate
- Describe the migration between different FortiGate platforms
- Describe the migration from Check Point Provider-1 to FortiManager
- Understand how FortiConverter migrates different Cisco and Check Point NAT configurations to FortiOS
- Troubleshoot FortiConverter application issues