Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

cutanda
New Contributor

Cannot update software

Hi,
my fortigate 60D is blocking one of our software updates.
I can update if no device and I already do the reset, even allowing all traffic policy just to test.
any idea?

PS: not also sure what port the software is using.

Thanks!

Hanivar

3 REPLIES 3
rmoussa
Contributor

If you are allowing all traffic and still the update is being blocked.

You might try to select inspect all port inside the ssl inspection profile (If you are using ssl inspection) 

Rony Moussa

NSE Certified : Level 8

Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
DrWolfgangBeneicke1

Unfortunately, the description is quite vague.

If you cannot find any messages in the Log&Report section, there are 2 further UTMs which drop traffic:

- botnet blacklist

- Application control

The "block botnet C&C address" feature can be enabled in the interface setup ('wan1' for example) or in the policy allowing internet access. If you disable this the blacklist will not be effective anymore.

For AppControl, the category 'Malicious Websites' is always enabled regardless of other user-chosen categories. For testing, disable any UTM feature in the policy 'lan' -> 'wan1', like AV, IPS, AC, WF or SSL inspection.

The real question is if this is wise - the FGT nearly never produces false positives in my experience. The source of your sw update might well be compromised.

SCSIraidGURU1
New Contributor

Which software updates?  What does forward traffic report?