Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

pcarbonneau
New Contributor

48 port switch in series 1

Hi,

it would really be a good idea to add 48 port switches to the model 1 line of products (FSW148E for example).

Even the smallest companies sell 48 port switches and when you do a new setup, it usually is better to install 48 ports than 24 ports.

consider this setup in a telecom rack (i am describing the layout of the rack)
- 24 port
- 48 port patch panel
- 48 port switch
- 48 port patch panel
- 24 port switch

the 48 port switch that is between the two 48 port patch panels will be connected to the patch panel above it using its top 24 ports and then will be connected to the 48 port patch panel below it using its bottom 24 ports. This way, the cabling layout is very clean.

I have just tried the same with two 24 port switches between the 48 port patch panels and it is not as nice.

also, my client had to order 9 switches instead of 5 if they would have been 48 ports switches

Patrice

UploadedImages_8hwgJGRT3GOlr33h6uAa_Primeau-T.jpg
0 REPLIES 0