Today Fortinet officially announces the new FortiOS 5.4 cybersecurity operating system. FortiOS 5.4 offers powerful new features that make it easy to deploy hyper-secure internal network segmentation as well as defense against advanced threats.
One Cybersecurity Operating System for the Entire Attack Cycle
Gartner's guidance for 2016 cautions: "the evolution of cloud and mobile technologies, as well as the emergence of the 'Internet of Things,' is elevating the importance of security and risk management." FortiOS removes the complexity of defending against advanced threats. With the latest configuration, analytic capabilities and assisted one-click actions in FortiOS 5.4, enterprises can easily implement internal segmentation firewalls (ISFW) and Secure Access Architectures to move beyond traditional perimeter defense to advanced layers of security.
FortiOS 5.4 Introduces New FortiGuard Mobile Security Services
FortiOS 5.4 ushers in a new Mobile Malware subscription service from FortiGuard Labs. The rise in mobile device usage within the enterprise shows no signs of slowing down and has made these devices a prime target for cyber criminals. Leveraging FortiGuard Labs’ industry-leading threat intelligence, FortiOS receives a constant feed of mobile-specific intelligence to deliver automated protection against emerging threats that target platforms like Android, iOS and Windows.
Highlights of FortiOS 5.4 Include:
- New Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Integration: Enables automated threat intelligence sharing with one-click mitigation of threats attacking the network directly, or through all major vectors like email, the web and endpoints devices.
- Single User Interface (UI): A single UI provides administrators with a birds-eye-view of the network for superior control and visibility across the entire Fortinet product line while incorporating deep analytics.
- New FortiHeartbeat Communication: Produces detailed visualizations of network topologies, arming CSOs with the data and analysis they need to implement end-to-end policies and engineer advanced architecture design like ISFW.
- Incident Response: FortiOS 5.4 provides automated detection and one-click response actions – such as quarantine device, block source and more – enabling response teams to efficiently identify and proactively respond to threats while delivering the fastest times to resolution.
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Integration: Controls for leading SDN solutions including VMware NSX and Cisco ACI.
Availability and Additional Information
FortiOS version 5.4 is available immediately. Current customer can update their products manually or reach out to their Fortinet customer service representative.
More information on FortiOS 5.4 can be found on www.fortinet.com.