Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jfgagnon
New Contributor II

Cannot delete interface

Hi!

I created a hardware switch interface type, with 2 physical ports, and cannot delete it.

It's grayed out, even if I try to disable them.

How is it possible to delete them, please?

TY

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Go to GUI Interfaces view. At the end of the table, there is a Ref. column. I assume the number of reference is not 0. Then you can't delete it. If you click the number, you can see where it is referred. You need to remove the references first to be able to delete any objects not only an interface.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Go to GUI Interfaces view. At the end of the table, there is a Ref. column. I assume the number of reference is not 0. Then you can't delete it. If you click the number, you can see where it is referred. You need to remove the references first to be able to delete any objects not only an interface.

patrickwilson82

When I click on the reference number, it shows no matching entries under Current Usage. So what would those references be?

Toshi_Esumi

That happened to me too. I don't remember how I fixed those cases but it means you removed all references already. It might take a reboot if you don't see anything even in CLI "show | grep -f <OBJECT_NAME>".

ede_pfau

In order to remove ALL ports from a switch you might need to change to the CLI and work on the 'config system *switch' settings (I don't remember the exact syntax right now).

Far easier is to keep one port in the switch, you should be able to delete the second though.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Probably you have a dhcp server active on that interface. In Gui this is part of interface config so gui  might not count that as a reference while in cli it is an own config stanza...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors