FortiSOAR Discussions
JoseOjeb
New Contributor II

FortiSOAR 7.4.1 Offline Installation: Installation of ansible python library

Dear Community,

I was wondering if anyone could give me directions on resolving the below issue. I had to deploy the FortiSOAR in an offline environment, and all installation steps were successful except for the "Installation of ansible python library" which was displayed below as shown in the installation log.

One or more tasks failed. Please check the configuration log for details.\n
Please exit the wizard now, get the issues fixed and re-run the wizard by running\n
below command:\n
/opt/cyops/scripts/config-vm.sh \n Installation of ansible python library has failed. Some of the filter expression\n
used in workflows might not work.\n
This could be because of broken network connectivity to repo.fortisoar.fortinet.com.\n
If the server connects via a proxy, ensure that the HTTPS_PROXY is set correctly\n
using the csadm network command.\n
Once the network connectivity is verified, run the following commands to reinstall\n
the library:\n
1. sudo -u nginx /opt/cyops-workflow/.env/bin/pip download ansible --extra-index-url https://repo.fortisoar.fortinet.com/prod/connectors/deps/simple
2. systemctl restart celeryd celerybeatd uwsgi

I downloaded the ansible library with its dependencies and moved it to the SOAR platform but on executing the command below:

"sudo -u nginx /opt/cyops-workflow/.env/bin/pip install ansible --no-index --find-links /home/csadmin/packages"

the error I am getting is:

[csadmin@FortiSOAR packages]# sudo -u nginx /opt/cyops-workflow/.env/bin/pip install ansible --no-index --find-links .
Looking in links: .
WARNING: Location '.' is ignored: it is either a non-existing path or lacks a specific scheme.
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement ansible (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for ansible

Please, can anyone direct me on how to resolve this or what could be the issue as I am not fully conversant with the backend? I have to resolve it while the platform is still offline and I am guessing maybe this has to do with permission issues.

Thanks.

1 Solution
akashj
New Contributor

Hi @JoseOjeb  can you verify the command. i can see you are running the command with --no-index --find-links ., but you also mentioned you are running with  --no-index --find-links /home/csadmin/packages/. Did providing the full path not worked for you?

Akash J

View solution in original post

Akash J
2 REPLIES 2
akashj
New Contributor

Hi @JoseOjeb  can you verify the command. i can see you are running the command with --no-index --find-links ., but you also mentioned you are running with  --no-index --find-links /home/csadmin/packages/. Did providing the full path not worked for you?

Akash J
Akash J
JoseOjeb
New Contributor II

Hi @akashj , apologies for the late reply. Just seeing your response now. The command didn't work. I resolved it by downloading the repo and pointing the yum.repo to the path.