DescriptionThis article describes how to upgrade FortiPortal from GUI.SolutionStarting from Portal 6.0 there is no admin page available (https://portal-ip:4443).Before Upgrade.
1) Read the release notes to know and resolved issues.2) Read the compatibility matrix.3) Make sure FortiManager connection status is up on the portal.4) Poll all FortiManagers to verify the connection status.5) Make sure FortiAnalyzer connection status is up on the portal.6) Poll all FortiAnalyzera to verify the connection status.7) Make sure all FortiGates are in Sync with FortiManager.8) Make sure the policy package status is Installed on portal for all customer.9) Verify the logs are received on portal for all customer.10) Verify the system resource usage by using '# get system performance'.11) Verify the crashlog read on the Portal by using '# dia debug crashlog read'.12) Make sure there is VMConsole access to Portal and Portal DB prior to any upgrades. 13) Take a config backup for portal via CLI
# execute backup all-settings ftp <ftp_address> <string> <username> <password>14) Take a full database dump for portal DB ( see related articles).15) Take a VMSnapshot of portal and Portal DB prior to any upgrades.
Login into the FPC using spuser account.Go to Admin -> System Info.
In the version information, select the upload image icon.
After upgrade, verify the version by going to Admin -> System Info tab.
After Upgrade Checks.
1) Verify the system resource usage by using '# get system performance' and '# get system status'.
2) Verify the crashlog read on the Portal by using '# dia debug crashlog read'.
3) Once db-migration is completed successfully it is possible to connect to portal DB and run the query to check the schema version using 'select * from ftntpmcdb.fpc_version;' (this should show version of latest build information).
4) After Upgrade, verify the Connection status to FortiManager, Fortianalyzer.
5) Verify the logs are received on Portal for all customer.
6) Verify the policy package status is in Installed state for all the customer.
7) Verify the policy installation from the portal.
Technical Tip: FortiPortal information to collect when a ticket is raised