1) Typical Failed scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Incorrect username and password configured for secret in PAM.PAM shows 'LIBSSH2_ERROR_Authentication_Failed'.
- Scenario 2: SSH Server is unreachable from FortiPAM.PAM shows 'Connection failure, no routes to host'.
- Password-changer procedure does not match Target SSH Server.PAM shows 'Not match at step [x]'.
- New generated password by PAM does not meet SSH Server RequirementsPAM can show 'Not match at step [x]' or 'LIBSSH2_ERROR_Authentication_Failed'.
2) How to debug password changing?
Run the below command on PAM Shell or console:
# diag debug en
# diag wad debug en category pwdchg
# diag wad debug en level verbos
After the debug finishes, run the below command to disable debug:
# diag wad debug clear
# diag debug disable
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges.
Copyright 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.