Description This article provides a detailed step-by-step procedure for improving the formatting of Policy Packages information when exported from FortiManager in Excel format, thus facilitating its reading and management using functions such as search, filtering, sorting, counting, etc.
Solution FortiManager Policy Package Export feature allows exporting Firewall Policies information from a Policy Package to an Excel file (“Policy Package -> Export to Excel” menu) or a CSV file (Policy Package -> Export to CSV menu) in order to manage the mass of firewall policy data more easily afterwards.
In case the export is performed in Excel format, the following file format changes can be made to optimize the information reading and management using tasks such as search, filtering, sorting, counting, etc.
1) Edit the File using Microsoft Excel and allow file modification (Enable Editing).
2) Select line 6, 'Insert Row'.
3) Select all cells of the new line 6, Format Cells -> Fill, select a color and select 'OK'.
4) Select all cells in line 6, and select 'Filter / Filter by Selected Cell’s Value'.
5) Delete the line where it is written 'Implicit(Total:1)'(line 13 in the example).
6) Select all data rows and columns and do an 'Unmerge Cells'.
7) After unmerging the cells, the Excel spreadsheet looks like the following.
8) Select all data rows and columns again and unwrap the text (unselect 'Wrap Text').
9) Open 'Seq #' column (column A) filter, unselect (Select All), select (Blanks), then select 'OK'.
10) Delete the selected lines (2 lines in the example) select with the mouse right 'click'.
11) Open 'Seq #' column (column A) filter, select (Select All) to select all lines, then select 'OK'.
12) Save the file as final document.
13) From that point, columns can be sorted from A to Z or Z to A and filtered based upon miscellaneous criteria.