FortiClient proactively defends against advanced attacks. Its tight integration with the Security Fabric enables policy-based automation to contain threats and control outbreaks. FortiClient is compatible with Fabric-Ready partners to further strengthen enterprises’ security posture.
The URL may sometimes not be rated according to the FortiGuard Web Filtering. This is because FortiClient was configured with URL and IP rating. The URL and IP filtering may be rated under different categories.
Scope Fortiguard url filtering, IP rating, url rating Solution
To avoid that we can disable the rating for IP addresses in Web-Filtering component in a FortiClient, a registry key can be used for a custom installation.
To create the registry key
1. In a Command Prompt window, enter net stop fortishield.
2. Open Regedit and go to the registry key LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_WEBFILTER.
3. Add the value DontRateIP as DWORD for the key.
4. Set the value of DontRateIP to 1.
5. In the Command Prompt window, enter net start fortishield.