Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

chamBaso
New Contributor

shellinaboxd did not start, Flash Card indicate 240KB capacity

Dear Sir,

First Problem.

I did format a new flash card and successfully able to re-image meru-7.0-13build-0-MC4200.img
After starting the OS, I am seeing this. I get default login without any issue.

.WARNING /etc/init.d/shellinaboxd: bin/shellinaboxd did not start

Second Problem

I had existing Flash Card failed unit and regardless I formatted the it with FAT32, EXFAT, or NTFS, it shows Capacity 240KB.
Do you know the reason why it shows 240KB as capacity even after fully formatted the flash card. I got three cards from three different units and all indicate same issue.

I do have MC4200 Controller with 832i APs, if you can share meru-8.4-7build-3-MC4200.img I am much appreciated. Last time you did share it but when opened the rar file, it showed image is for 3200 not 4200.

Thank you
Regards,
CHAMI

1 Solution
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Chami,

This is a "warning message" .WARNING /etc/init.d/shellinaboxd: bin/shellinaboxd did not start, it will start when it gets the chance, hence can be ignored.
You would need to delete all partitions before formatting, assuming you want to use the flash card for another purpose. At the moment you're likely just formatting the remaining blank space on the card.

As i said previously, there's no need to format the card, just completely re-image it.

I will get the image files corrected and share again once fixed, i can see they do indeed contain the wrong controller image.

------------------------------
John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Chami,

This is a "warning message" .WARNING /etc/init.d/shellinaboxd: bin/shellinaboxd did not start, it will start when it gets the chance, hence can be ignored.
You would need to delete all partitions before formatting, assuming you want to use the flash card for another purpose. At the moment you're likely just formatting the remaining blank space on the card.

As i said previously, there's no need to format the card, just completely re-image it.

I will get the image files corrected and share again once fixed, i can see they do indeed contain the wrong controller image.

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Chami,

I've had confirmation the image file is the same for the MC3200 and MC4200. So the images provided are correct.

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
chamBaso

Dear Sir, 

Thank you so much for taking time and help. I was able to found the volumes and format. Since drive letters were not assigned, those were hidden so unable to format the Compact flash and just like you said I was kept formatting single partition limited to 240KB capacity.

Thank you
Regards,
CHAMI
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.