Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

WillSudd
New Contributor

Transparent mode and VDOM mode

I have to Fortigate devices, one in transparent mode and one in VDOM mode. I want to manage the transparent mode Fortigate. Is it possible to pull an interface from the transparent mode Fortigate in order to manage it from the VDOM Fortigate.

------------------------------
WIL - Network Analyst
------------------------------
WIL - Network Analyst
WIL - Network Analyst
1 Solution
MENGRobe
New Contributor

Hello,

2 ways : Affect an IP to the Bridge, or create a specific VDOM for admin (out of band administration)

to create a VDOM :

In CLI :
config system global
set vdom-mode multi-vdom
end

in GUI :
in VDOM "global", go to "system>VDOM"
create a new vdom with ADMIN as a name, then OK
in "network>interface" edit a free interface and then change vdom to "ADMIN" vdom, assign IP addresse, active "ping, https and ssh" then OK
in "network>static-routes" create a new route "0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0" with the new interface you had create, assign an gateway
plug and test
Roparzh

View solution in original post

Roparzh
2 REPLIES 2
MENGRobe
New Contributor

Hello,

2 ways : Affect an IP to the Bridge, or create a specific VDOM for admin (out of band administration)

to create a VDOM :

In CLI :
config system global
set vdom-mode multi-vdom
end

in GUI :
in VDOM "global", go to "system>VDOM"
create a new vdom with ADMIN as a name, then OK
in "network>interface" edit a free interface and then change vdom to "ADMIN" vdom, assign IP addresse, active "ping, https and ssh" then OK
in "network>static-routes" create a new route "0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0" with the new interface you had create, assign an gateway
plug and test
Roparzh
Roparzh
WillSudd

Thanks MENGUY, this has helped me with the configuration and will be implementing this Wednesday. I will let the group know how it went.

Wil,

WIL - Network Analyst
WIL - Network Analyst