Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

StuaKend
New Contributor II

SolarWindos Orion access to the mothership

I am installing the SolarWinds Orion management product and following their best practices guide. This guide includes restricting access to the Internet: Orion URLs for Firewall Whitelisting

This looks tedious to me -- I would create a lot of Addresses, then bundle them into an Address Group, and then apply that Address Group to a policy

Has anyone done this already and willing also share a CLI snippet for doing so?

Alternatively, how do I request an addition to the Fortinet-managed Internet Services Database (which I see already contains a couple of SolarWinds-specific entries ... but regrettably ... not an Orion entry)

--sk

Stuart Kendrick
1 Solution
StuaKend
New Contributor II

Looks I was confused about the ISDB -- this approach wants IP addresses, not FQDNs

See attachment for what I ended up doing.

--sk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HenrWhit
Staff
Staff

Hi Stuart,

Your question has been seen and is being looked into right now. We will try to locate someone who can assist you with this issue, finding a CLI snippet for a more efficient way to whitelist addresses.

Thank you!

Henry Whittle
whatz
New Contributor II

Hello Stuart.

You can try it via the ISDB contact form: ISDB Contact Form | FortiGuard

I have submitted requests via it - in my case Netskope Client requirements - and this was added fairly quickly.  You just need to provide them with as much official information as possible.  Ideally a link to a KDB article from the vendor that has all the requirements detailed.

Mike
StuaKend
New Contributor II

Looks I was confused about the ISDB -- this approach wants IP addresses, not FQDNs

See attachment for what I ended up doing.

--sk