Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

DarrPohl
New Contributor

Just looking for some former Meru employees

Just looking for some former Meru employees.  I am trying to reuse some donated hardware for a very small private grade school.  MC1500 and AP1020e Ap's.  License was stripped but have up to 15 ap's to use. On 5.1.75 firmware which is fine but limited to 5 AP's for the demo.  See below for my plea.  Old hardware I know, but still very useful and no budget.  Just trying to let these kids have the best experience.  Any help would be appreciated.

Just kind of sad, don't need support, I volunteer that. I know the equipment. The firmware or IP if you want to call it that is only good to people with old hardware anyway. I understand that they want to sell new equipment and the profit margin needed, but I would think these companies when provided legitimate proof that they are trying to be used in low or no budget non-for-profit organizations could just make the firmware/licenses available. Still very useful hardware for the needs of small NP's and saves the landfill. Just seems to me at least on a per case basis, the right thing to do. Fortinet refuses though, I have pleaded.
Last edited Today at 09:23 PM.
0 REPLIES 0