Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

mlarcher
New Contributor

Just installed FortiOS 5.6 and SSL Inspection will not allow me to edit options

I am trying to tweak SSL inspection, which now lacks an on/off slider under the IP policy, when I open it, and say uncheck imaps  and try to save, I am met with this message:

Log Allowed Traffic needs to be enabled to set Threat Weight option

I cannot find any option that relates to this to make it go away, I have tried all the logging settings.

Also now I can't participate in the security fabric without a fortianalyser?

1 Solution
LawrPing

I was able to fix it by creating a new SSL inspection profile instead of using the defaults. You don't have to roll back to 5.4.4...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rstefano
New Contributor

Same thing here today. Its causing issues with certain websites like google etc. Have you figured that out?

mlarcher

I rolled back to 5.4.4 for now.

LawrPing

I was able to fix it by creating a new SSL inspection profile instead of using the defaults. You don't have to roll back to 5.4.4...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.