Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

MIchGree
New Contributor

How to set up port forwarding quickly ? Services ? Virtual IPs ?

I'm migrating from another brand of firewall router.  I have a large number of custom port forwards setup for internet exposed security cameras i.e. services defined and then port forwards defined i.e. forward this port to this internal IP address.

What is involved in setting this up on Fortigate ?  Just defining a Service for each ?  And is there a quicker way to import a long list.....

1 Solution
Marco
New Contributor III

Hi Michael

Make the first entry, save the configuration (text file) and search for the relevant parts. Now create a new file with just the additional entries you need.
Now copy-paste the additional entries with puTTY (right-click) to the ssh console.

For all CLI commands look at: http://cli.fortinet.com/

Marco

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AnonMemb
New Contributor II

Open Start
Open Settings
Click Network & Internet / View your network properties
Scroll down to the "Wi-Fi" section
Look for the "Default gateway" heading
The number to the right of the "Default gateway" heading is your router's address.
In your preferred web browser, enter the default gateway number into the address bar and press ↵ Enter.
Enter your username and password
Wait for your router's settings page to load.

Check this to fix router's problems: 192.168.0.1

Marco
New Contributor III

Hi Michael

Make the first entry, save the configuration (text file) and search for the relevant parts. Now create a new file with just the additional entries you need.
Now copy-paste the additional entries with puTTY (right-click) to the ssh console.

For all CLI commands look at: http://cli.fortinet.com/

Marco