Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

MansSidd
New Contributor

Virtual IP related query

Hi,

I'm new to this community and also to Fortinet environment.
I've created a Virtual IP with all the required details. There are several services attached in that Virtual IP.
I've got a request from Application team concerned with this virtual ip to port forward one service on a particular port.
I've tried but nothing works for me. Can anyone please guide me how to achieve this?

The task requirement is:
If a user tries to connect an application on port 1111 it should be forwarded to port 2222.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
faridulalam_FTNT

As-salamualikum...

Hi Mansoor,
Please configure your VIP and FW Policy as shown in attached images.
UploadedImages_dy6wgqmZQD6qBCsfdg8y_temp-T.jpg
UploadedImages_HvaXTCyiTFCyWguAsIYm_temp-T.jpg

------------------------------
Faridul
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
MansSidd

walaikum assalaam

Hi Faridul,
Hope ur doing fine.
As I mentioned earlier I've already created a VIP and Policy with 12 services attached to it. Other than these services there is an additional service already configured on the devices(Ex:1.1.1.1:2233) which has to be redirected to port 3322. As it is not possible to configure the devices again(As the devices are in different locations) the Application Team requested this alternative and I already done this on Juniper SSG Firewall.
So I hope it can be done on FortiGate as well.
faridulalam_FTNT

Hi Mansoor,
Unable to retrieve your query/requirement.
Can you please share the details of your requirement along with a topology.

Or, you can share SSG config file to me (1-to-1) and will try to convert it to FGT config.

Faridul
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
MansSidd

Hi Faridul,

Thanks for ur help.
I've resolved the requirement by doing PAT on the VIP and everything is working as required.