Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

WistTeam
New Contributor

Fortigate 100D after reboot - need to push the reset-button to load config?

Hello,

we have a 100D with v5.2.4,build688.

If i try to login at the webinterface with any account there is no response by the webserver - no error message or reaction. After hardrestart, the 100D don't start normaly - only Power-LED is on and the Link from WAN1 is blinking.

No Ping response and the Fortiexplorer don't find them.

After a push on the reset button the 100D is loading the config and the Fortiexplorer find the device and every thing is fine.

At this time i can't make an update. The 100D is registered, but not authorized to get updates.

Have any one an advise for me?

Thanks/Regards,

Chris
(sorry for the bad english....Regards from Germany)

1 REPLY 1
ChuckP
New Contributor

I may sound like a broken record but did you purchase the package that includes updates etc? Did the plan expire? I would call the main number( I am not sure in Germany) and select the registration option and someone can verify the activation and what support plan you are registered under.  In the past I have had support reset the device from the command line so it would be activated and properly registered whatever support plan. You may have done this already. Just a thought.

Charles A Pezalla
Charles A Pezalla
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.