Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

CNelson
New Contributor

Is firmware 5.4.4 ready for production use? We presently are running 5.2.10 and it appears to be working well. I would like to move to the newer version, but really do not want to break anything right now. Is there a best practice in when one should move from one firmware version to another? Thanks

[FirstName] [JobTitle]
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
8 REPLIES 8
pat_wei
New Contributor III

Same goes for me

chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

I assume you are referring to FortiOS 5.4.4 which is available for download.  If it is available, then it is deemed ready for use in a production environment.

As for support by FortiManager (for which this forum is intended), you will see from the following that FMG 5.4.2 is needed:

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/2902/fortimanager-compatibility.pdf

FortiManager should already be at the required version *before* upgrading your FortiGate.

Finally, as for the upgrade path for FortiOS, please see:
http://cookbook.fortinet.com/sysadmins-notebook/supported-upgrade-paths-fortios/4/

I should add that if the FortiGate is already in a FortiManager ADOM of version 5.2 then the FortiGate can remain in that ADOM.  Once all FortiGates in that ADOM have been upgraded, you can upgrade the ADOM.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
CNelson

Yes, my apologies. I am new to these forums. I am referring to the Fortigate firmware 5.4.4.

Which area should I have posted this in? I see Security, Managment, reporting and analytics, networking and ID managment and general.

Thanks Chris

[FirstName] [JobTitle]
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Chris and Pat,

Are you referring to the upcoming FortiManager 5.4.3 firmware release? 5.4.4 release for Management has NOT been scheduled yet.

I would like to know what is the main driver behind this move:

1. Are there any new features in FMG 5.4.3 you are particularly interested in?
  2. Or do you have to move to 5.4.3 because your FGT's firmware will be on v5.4?
  3. Or something else?

Thanks,

CNelson
New Contributor

Sorry, I was referring to Fortigate firmware version 5.4.4. Thanks

[FirstName] [JobTitle]
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
chozhall
New Contributor

Same here... I have 5.4.3 on a couple of 60Es and various features simply stop and restart... I'm downgrading to 5.2.11 as a result.  Can somebody explain, I'm losing faith here!

Abdulaziz_Alatar

I was upgrade my fortigate 5.4.1 to 5.4.4 but after this downgrade to 5.4.3.
because stop authenticate users with fsso when worked in wan load balance environment . i think this bug in fortios 5.4.4

chtal1980
New Contributor

"don't fix it if it ain't broke"