Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Performance Softwitch, switch, interface

A colleague came up with the question: " I now a soft switch e.g. bridging WLAN and internal is Slow (as CPU is used)" But is this also the case if i split up the switch into seperate interfaces? I have not found anything in the knowledge base, found that Virtual Switch (as softswitch in Hardware) is supported on higher level hardware.. So does anyone know whether going to interface mode implies a performance hit?
1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you use the search function at the top of this page, you should see this topic (re soft soft performance) recently came up here. Regarding performance of interface mode (vs switch mode) on the little guys, that would be a good question; on the bigger hardware I do not think that is much of a performance impact (especially on 5.0.x.).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors