Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
talkwithphil
New Contributor

Creating Multiple Custom Categories with duplicate URL Entries

Hi, Not sure if others have run into this problem but, I am doing an manual import of my Ironport policies into the Fortigate and have come accross a problem. for example, I have two custom categories with a list of URLs that need to be included. Fortigate only allows a URL to appear once in the custom categories list and will not let me add it to both. Is there a way to override this so URLs can appear in multiple cusomt categories or do I have to get creative with policies to make this happen? Thanks, -Phil
IT Security Analyst -Phil
IT Security Analyst -Phil
3 REPLIES 3
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

You sure can add a URL to multiple categories. What version are you using? errr.... I missed the word ' custom' . Not what I was heading for...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi, I am just thinking about this. When I add one URL to a custom category, let' s say Custom1 I cannot imagine a case that I need to add the same URL to another one like Custom2. Why sould I do that?

AtiT

AtiT
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Considering that you can stick the same web site URL into more than one URL filter list, which in turn can be assign to any web filter profile -- you may be better off going that route. (edit: So when you go create the firewall policy rule(s), you can just assign the appropriate web filter profile, which will have the exact URL filter list you want.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors