FortiSOAR Discussions
mako
New Contributor

Fortisoar Export mapping configuration

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on configuring the FortiSIEM connector and have successfully enabled data ingestion. Now, I would like to understand the process to export and import the data mapping that was previously configured.

The goal is to get a backup file external to the Fortisoar automatic backup that contains all the mapping settings, providing additional security in case I need to restore or change configurations in the future.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

FortiSOAR #datamapping #dataingestion #soar #connector

3 REPLIES 3
rvishwakarma
Staff
Staff

Hi @mako,

You can take the backup by exporting the data ingestion playbooks.

Follow the below steps:

1. On the Playbooks page, check/tick the Include System Collections box

2. Select the playbook collection(s) you want to export

3. Click the Export Collection button

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 10.24.43 AM.png

mako

Hi @rvishwakarma ,

I thank you for your response.

My goal is to replicate the mapping configurations in different Fortisoar environments. After applying your solution to my configuration, I exported the mapping (collection) from environment X to environment Y. However, when configuring the data ingestion, I cannot select the newly imported collection [screenshot].

Therefore, I am wondering what is the correct process to transfer the collection (mapping configuration) from one environment to another and make it available for proper configuration on a specific instance. Might it be necessary to add tags to the collection?

Thanks again,

rvishwakarma

Yes, you will have to add dataingestion tag to the imported playbook collection.

• Export the ingestion playbooks from Environment X.
  • Import it on the Environment Y.
  • Add the dataingestion tag to the imported collection.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.30.40 AM.png

• On the data ingestion wizard, under Advanced Settings, select the imported collection and finish the configuration.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.34.11 AM.png

The schedule will now use the imported collection for ingestion.

Alternatively, you can also utilize the Export/Import Wizard feature (available under the Application Editor tab in Settings) to migrate not only playbooks but also connectors and their configurations.