FortiSOAR Discussions
casper001
New Contributor II

FortiSOAR Can't Sync with FDN when Activating Trial License

Hi,

I am trying to eval FortiSOAR. I see in the documentation that upon deployment, you can activate the trial license after deploying the platform by logging into your FortiCare account.

I did this and it said there was an error saying it couldn't sync with FDN.

I logged into support.fortinet.com and could then see that the platform had been registered in my account (previously I didn't have any assets in my list), and that there was a license file.

So instead of trying to login to my account to activate the trial, I downloaded the license file and uploaded from the same screen within FortiSOAR. This is a valid license file for 3 users and it doesn't expire (well not until 2122 anyway), but the same error about not being able to sync with FDN appeared.

I can resolve and ping https://globalupdate.fortinet.net from the FortiSOAR server.

Anyone else seen this issue before or know what else I can check? I'm stuck in a chicken and the egg situation whereby I want to eval first before committing to any spend, but I can't deploy to eval and because I don't have a support contract, I can't get TAC help with it.

Cheers

FortiSOAR 

1 Solution
casper001
New Contributor II

Hi tkanade,

Thanks very much for your response. Unfortunately this didn't help me. I had already tried restarting the crops service and I deployed the server nearly a week ago.

I thought I would do some more troubleshooting. In the documentation, there is a troubleshooting step that says to check specific logs (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisoar/7.3.0/deployment-guide/223944/licensing-fortisoar#Troub...). These log files were empty for me.

So I ran a packet capture while trying to install the license from the GUI and I couldn't see any traffic from the server to Fortinet or Fortiguard. This confirmed my suspicion that the SOAR server wasn't even calling back to Fortinet.

I then tried deploying the license from the CLI with "csadm license --deploy-enterprise-license FSRVMPTM********.lic". This displayed a new error:

=========================================================================

License deployment may take few minutes, please do not stop the process..

Validating license before deployment..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/fortinet/api/fcp/FCPClient has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:473)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:59)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/cyops-auth/utilities/licensemanager.py", line 262, in deploy_license

is_valid, message, contracts = validate_license_before_deployment(nodeId, license_key, is_distributed)

File "/opt/cyops-auth/utilities/licensemanager.py", line 239, in validate_license_before_deployment

is_valid, message, contracts = validate_license_fdn_part(node_id, license_key)

File "handlerworkers/fdnclient.py", line 94, in handlerworkers.fdnclient.validate_license_fdn_part

File "handlerworkers/fdnclient.py", line 152, in handlerworkers.fdnclient.get_license_details_from_fdn

Exception: Failed to sync with FDN

License deployment failed with error: Failed to sync with FDN

I searched for the following line in Google "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/fortinet/api/fcp/FCPClient has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0" and it returned 1 hit for another Fortinet community webpage.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiSOAR-Knowledge-Base/Technical-Note-Failure-to-deploy-license-...

This error is due to the Java version being run and this post contains the steps to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for trying to help me, I have found the resolution to my error. Hopefully this will help anyone who experiences the same issue as me in the future.

Cheers

Rob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tkanade
Staff
Staff

Hi , 

Once Forticare is updated with new entitlement  , it may take 30 minutes or bit for for FDN servers to sync with Forticare data . 
You can attempt one thing , restart FortiSOAR service which calls sync command -- systemctl restart cyops-auth  from terminal access ( bash shell)

casper001
New Contributor II

Hi tkanade,

Thanks very much for your response. Unfortunately this didn't help me. I had already tried restarting the crops service and I deployed the server nearly a week ago.

I thought I would do some more troubleshooting. In the documentation, there is a troubleshooting step that says to check specific logs (https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisoar/7.3.0/deployment-guide/223944/licensing-fortisoar#Troub...). These log files were empty for me.

So I ran a packet capture while trying to install the license from the GUI and I couldn't see any traffic from the server to Fortinet or Fortiguard. This confirmed my suspicion that the SOAR server wasn't even calling back to Fortinet.

I then tried deploying the license from the CLI with "csadm license --deploy-enterprise-license FSRVMPTM********.lic". This displayed a new error:

License deployment may take few minutes, please do not stop the process..

Validating license before deployment..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/fortinet/api/fcp/FCPClient has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:756)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:473)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:59)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/cyops-auth/utilities/licensemanager.py", line 262, in deploy_license

is_valid, message, contracts = validate_license_before_deployment(nodeId, license_key, is_distributed)

File "/opt/cyops-auth/utilities/licensemanager.py", line 239, in validate_license_before_deployment

is_valid, message, contracts = validate_license_fdn_part(node_id, license_key)

File "handlerworkers/fdnclient.py", line 94, in handlerworkers.fdnclient.validate_license_fdn_part

File "handlerworkers/fdnclient.py", line 152, in handlerworkers.fdnclient.get_license_details_from_fdn

Exception: Failed to sync with FDN

License deployment failed with error: Failed to sync with FDN

I searched for the following line in Google "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/fortinet/api/fcp/FCPClient has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0" and it returned 1 hit for another Fortinet community webpage.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiSOAR-Knowledge-Base/Technical-Note-Failure-to-deploy-license-...

This error is due to the Java version being run and this post contains the steps to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for trying to help me, I have found the resolution to my error. Hopefully this will help anyone who experiences the same issue as me in the future.

Cheers

Rob

tkanade

Hello Rob, 

Just to confirm , by changing java version , license was deployed and FDN sync completed, am I correct ? 
let me know if you need any more assistance , we are more than happy to assists you. 

casper001
New Contributor II

Yes, that is correct