Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

RamoFlor
New Contributor

Fortigate as a bandwidth controller

Hello, maybe someone can guide me, I want to use a fortigate (box or VM) to dedicate it to the task of controlling the bandwidth of my users. What should I take into account to determine which box or VM is best suited?
14 REPLIES 14
PC
New Contributor III

RamoFlor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter for your comments.
Rowan recommends an equipment with NP6 processor, I see that the 300E fits as well as the Throughput.
I am trying to find out if there are any limitations regarding the number of shaping poliliters or profiles, the data sheet does not indicate this.
PC
New Contributor III

https://docs.fortinet.com/max-value-table

I would start with this to see if you can find any of the limits then reach out directly to Fortinet with the specifics. The 100F has a lot of power so I would consider that when you look at the specs. 

RamoFlor
New Contributor

According to the link provided, I found the following data

100F100
Ffirewall.shaper.per-ip-shaper 32
firewall.shaper.traffic-shaper 32
firewall.address 20000

Does this indicate that I can only have 32 traffic shaping policies?
rowan_kaag
New Contributor II

That is correct.
MSSP Security Engineer
MSSP Security Engineer