Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

LEO08
New Contributor

Fortigate DHCP

Hello,

The Fortigate NGFW we are using in our current location is a 60D. The 60D is being used as the main firewall, DHCP and DNS device. I have been tasked to separate 2 departments into different networks but keep the same DHCP scope for the new networks. My plan is to divide these departments into VLANs however I don’t know if/how you can setup the Fortigate to provide one DHCP scope to separate VLANs. Can I setup one VLAN to relay DCHP to the other VLAN?

1 REPLY 1
RohiKuma
New Contributor

Hi,

DHCP on 60D could use more memory and can causes disruptions in network as UTM could go into conserve mode due to less memory availability. I suggest please use single dhcp server for one network range only.

The error could be like this "FortiGate has reached system connection limit for 159 seconds"

Thanks

Rohit

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.