Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

thanson
New Contributor

Fortigate 30E without (Mini-B)USB-Mgmt-Port

Dear Creators of the new FGT-30E,

In my new hardware order i could only get the new FGT-30E model(instead 30D).  When i received the new ones i was in a bit of a shock to see that there is no mini-usb-mgmt-connector anymore! i am loving the mini-USB-Mgmt-connector of the "old" FGT-30D. 

In my daily configuration work with Fortigates i love to connect via usb to the mgmt-port while using the ethernet port for other things(i.e. changing policys on our FGT-100D to intercommunicate with our site-to-site FGT's).

Are there ways to use FortiExplorer with the FG-30E ? Is there a possibility to get FortiExplorer working with the (serial)RJ45 Console-Port?

Thanks in advance,

L.Baumgartner

1 REPLY 1
Verena_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear Mr. Baumgartner,

You can use the type A USB port on your FortiGate 30E in combination with the FortiExplorer for iOS or Android.

Best Regards,

Verena Ewerle