Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

NotMine
Contributor

FortiPlanner 2 Bugs

A couple of days ago I've installed FortiPlanner Lite 2.3.1 (build 0201) on my Windows 7 x64 machine, and I was very dissapointed to see that it has several bugs that render it virtually unusable.

The biggest problem for me is that it is impossible to create a usable report. If you select 'Propagation Analysis' when creating the report - it does not get created! The green bar goes all the way, but no report is displayed.

The second big issue I've encountered is that the application freezes when 'Data Rate' is selected in 'Display Properties' and there is as much as one AP (221C) on the floor. What has to be done in these situations is that all APs have to be deleted (by using the Floor side floating window, because you cant's select the APs directly), click the Close Window (red X in the upper right corner) button, and save the changes when asked to do so. After that, reopen the project and switch back to 'Signal Level' in Display Properties.

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
1 Solution
jmihelich
Staff
Staff

Hi Slavko,

I'm sorry you had so much difficulty with Fortiplanner.  We have looked at your concerns and have been able to reproduce 2 of them.

•    The freeze, entry not deleted, when delete via the floor floating window.
  •    Display setting toggles back to Signal Level upon application starup.

We will fix these in our next release.

The problems with the Propagation Analysis report and the application freeze on datarate selection we were not able to reproduce.  Would you be willing to share the project file, we can do more investigation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
snanduru_FTNT

Slavko, thank you for the feedback. I will have someone from the product team analyse the information that you shared here and respond soon. 

Your participation on Fuse is much appreciated! 

jmihelich
Staff
Staff

Hi Slavko,

I'm sorry you had so much difficulty with Fortiplanner.  We have looked at your concerns and have been able to reproduce 2 of them.

•    The freeze, entry not deleted, when delete via the floor floating window.
  •    Display setting toggles back to Signal Level upon application starup.

We will fix these in our next release.

The problems with the Propagation Analysis report and the application freeze on datarate selection we were not able to reproduce.  Would you be willing to share the project file, we can do more investigation.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.