Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

pat_wei
New Contributor III

FAZ: advanced ADOM setting, meaning of "will result in a reduced operation mode"

FAZ: advanced ADOM setting, meaning of "will result in a reduced operation mode"

Doing the NSE 5 and actually also migrating from a FMG 5.4 with FAZ to separate FAZ and don't know if we should switch on advanced ADOM now.

Especially worried about the sentence in the GUI, Admin Guide and NSE training that says reduced operation mode. 

Don't know what exactly this means.

Also currently I would like to have all VDOMs in the same FAZ ADOM, but I would like to have FortiView per Vdom as it is on the FG1500D 5.2.9.

Not sure what's the best action forward.

4 REPLIES 4
snanduru_FTNT

Pat, I've moved your thread to the Reporting & Analytics forum. Please let me know of any questions. 

L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Pat,

I would like to understand a bit better what you are trying to achieve here. I need more details before I can provide any recommendation.

> Doing the NSE 5 and actually also migrating from a FMG 5.4 with FAZ to separate FAZ

Are you trying to move the logs from the FMG 5.4 (with FAZ feature) to a standalone FAZ?

> Also currently I would like to have all VDOMs in the same FAZ ADOM, but I would like to have FortiView per Vdom as it is on the FG1500D 5.2.9.

1. Are these VDOMs currently managed by a FMG ?
  2. If so, which version is this FMG?
  3. Are these VDOMs all managed by a same ADOM on the FMG or different ADOMs on the FMG?
  4. Is the FMG has the FAZ feature enabled?
Ling Lu
pat_wei
New Contributor III

Hi Lu,

No migration of logs, albeit interesting topic, we just pointed to the new FAZ. We still have all logs in Qradar.

1) Yes

2) 5.4.2

3) same ADOM on FMG

4) had, deactivated them

But actually I would like to first have the details about this question:

Advanced ADOM will result in reduced operation mode -> What in details does that mean?

Now a little bit about my requirements.

We create VDOMs and would like to analyze logs and have FAZ doing it per VDOM.

Then we would like the global view overall, i.e. all the VDOMs combined.

pat_wei
New Contributor III

Hi,

After a few months have passed on this topic I thought I try again to get more details about the option?

Maybe there is an now a document explaining in details what it does and what the impact will be?