Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

timamartin
New Contributor

Exporting DHCP Monitor

I am looking for a way to export the information in the DHCP monitor to a file that I can manipulate...preferably Excel. How can I do this?

1 Solution
DrWolfgangBeneicke1
New Contributor III

That depends on your skill level and determination.

1- the easy way: pull the info via SNMP (v3). A python script could interface with SNMP and write an XL file.

2- use the REST API to directly access the FGT internals. Pull the data, convert, write an XL (or CSV) file. This will call for some effort, skills, and probably membership in the FTNT Dev community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DrWolfgangBeneicke1
New Contributor III

That depends on your skill level and determination.

1- the easy way: pull the info via SNMP (v3). A python script could interface with SNMP and write an XL file.

2- use the REST API to directly access the FGT internals. Pull the data, convert, write an XL (or CSV) file. This will call for some effort, skills, and probably membership in the FTNT Dev community.

MichaelBazy

Another way if you have a preference with bash/SSH : a server would pull the information by doing a "execute dhcp lease-list"