Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

aley
New Contributor

DNS Filter: Enable Safe search for Google, but don't restrict YouTube

We're using a few FortiGate 50E with FortiOS 5.6.2 and DNS filtering, which works great (properly enforces SafeSearch over SSL/TLS without requiring a local certificate to be installed).

However, when Safe search is enforced, YouTube restrictions must be set to "strict" oder "moderate". Even moderate YouTube restriction blocks LOTS of videos that aren't in any way problematic for a school.

Is there a way to have Safe search enabled for search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) but not restrict YouTube?

3 REPLIES 3
aley
New Contributor

Please don't use this forum for link farming.

In Reply to bruce brennan:

Hello author 

yeah, i think you can.

Regards

Bruce brennan

UK Dissertation Help

Abdulaziz_Alatar
New Contributor

Hi,

Try block quick protocol udp 443 and test with firefox and IE.

aley

Try block quick protocol udp 443 and test with firefox and IE.

I think you misunderstood. The QUIC protocol doesn't have anything to do with it. Blocking currently works, but I want to NOT block YouTube and keep enforcing Safe Search on Google, Bing etc. (meaning I'd like the Fortigate to NOT redirect DNS requests for YouTube). There doesn't seem to be a setting for that at the moment.