Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

MattDe_V
Staff
Staff

Cloud-managed Enterprise Wi-Fi with the FortiAP-S Series

Hi all!

Attached is a new solution brief you might be interested in, covering our new Cloud-managed Enterprise Wi-Fi solution with FortiCloud and the new FortiAP-S series access points.

We're really interested to hear your feedback on the solution, so tell us what you think!

Thanks
Matt

4 REPLIES 4
RossCook
New Contributor

How easy is it to put into an existing Wi-Fi network slowly over time?  Can I replace one or two APs as they "wear out," or do I need to start with only FortiAPs?

MattDe_V

Hi Ross,

Great question!

You could roll-out new FortiAP-S slowly over time into your environment if necessary.  As long as they advertise the same SSID details as your existing APs, it would work OK.  There would be a small issue for clients when they roam between a FortiAP-S and your other APs though.  Only the FortiAP-S would have the deep secutity protection too, and your old APs would be unprotected.

So in short, it would technically work, but you would get a better result if you replace all of your APs with FortiAP-S.

Matt

RossCook

I have other questions now that that's been answered.  Can I call in to Fortinet, or is there a group of people workign on reaching out to the participants of the webinar?

MattDe_V

Hi Ross,

Someone will reach out to you, but if you'd like to send me your details (location, phone number, email) via a private message, I will accelerate the process and make sure someone contacts you ASAP.

Thanks for joining the webinar, I hope you found it valuable.

Matt