FortiSOAR Discussions
foreignsoc
New Contributor

To create tasks in BMC AR system using SOAR

We have  BMC AR connector version 1.4 running on Fortisoar 7.4 and I am looking for action that allows to create tasks linked to incidents in BMC AR systems.

Current connector does not support create task action.

Please assist if anyone has implemented this.

6 REPLIES 6
Prerna_Joshi
Staff
Staff

Hi,

We will add 'Create Task' action in the next connector version. 

By the time you can use the utilities connector to make the rest API call. Please find the attached sample playbook to achieve the same.

foreignsoc
New Contributor

Hi Prerna,

Thanks for your response but when I used playbook given by you ,I am getting below error.

I even tried to make rest call using code snippet but getting 500 response.

Error message
:
CS-INTEGRATION-5: Error occurred while executing the connector action ERROR :: 'str' object has no attribute 'items'

gtan

Hi foreignsoc

This error message could be caused by a JSON data format issue.
Maybe give it a quick try to format what is in Headers like below:
{
"Authorization": "AR-JWT {{vars.token}}",
"Content-Type": "application/json"
}

srivastavad
Staff
Staff

Visit the Fortinet Support Contact page to connect with dedicated support team. Our experts could then help provide more assistance by accessing your system. 

foreignsoc

Hi Srivastav,

I have already raised new feature request to support but they said its out of scope and our Fortinet representative suggest me to check on community to get answers.It would be mych help if new features like adding task, workorder, attachment to incident can be added to new version of connector.

srivastavad
Staff
Staff

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feature request for task, workorder, and attachment support in the connector. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll consider it for future updates to enhance user experience.